Thursday 19 January 2017

Tonic

 

Tonic 

Book Review:

LA ink meets Big Brother

I like this author, and the synopsis of the book sounded great, but I really struggled with it. The first 35% was the worst, and I stuck with it hoping it would get better and it did, but it just wasn't for me.

My biggest problem with this book is the nickname for the male lead. It grossed me out a little and was a huge turn-off. The nickname is hairy, and it is not meant in the way I took it, but I just couldn't stop imagining the hairiest man possible.

Joel has been burnt in the past and hasn't had a serious girlfriend since. He likes to keep things light and upbeat. Joel owns a tattoo parlour and is enticed into making a reality tv show. That's where he meets the beautiful Annika. She's nothing like him, but he can't keep his attention off her. She's calm, collected and a little cold around the edges. Her job as a TV producer is everything to her. She's willing to do anything to get the job done, but this time the price may be too high.

This book is available for Kindle Unlimited readers, and if you are a member, I'd say you have nothing to lose and just see how you find it. If you are struggling with this book, I'd suggest giving up.

2.5 stars out of 5.



If you are looking for more tattoo parlour, hot, inked males I'd recommend Tammy Falkner's Tall, Tatted and Tempting its one of my favourite books. 

Kindle Edition £3.25 or Free for KU, 303 pages
Published October 13th, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment